26 November 2012

Observatory

Hey, I'm back! As usual my hobby interest has come full circle and now I'm back with building up Stadtheim.

And I've started a new building to go in a new section. The layout has been juggled slightly to fit the available space, but I wanted to add this board to the end. I'm making an observatory to sit on a large hill.

It's based on a model by Dave Andrews (isn't all terrain? lol). I found it over on Felix's website a while back:


Tell me that's not an amazing model! Mine will of course be an approximation like all my stuff, I take someone's idea and wander off on my own.

It's being built using hirst arts blocks as with the rest of the town. Here's a few in progress photos:



 The tower is currently separate, I think I'll leave it that way and have recesses in the base so it will slot into place or be detachable for storage.

The dome I'm currently pondering. I've ordered a housing for a home cctv camera from china that I think might do the job, though it might be a bit large. I actually think the dome on Dave's model is a touch small, so mine will more or less fill the top of the tower. I did look at the top from Skullvane Manse, but without getting my hands on one I'm not sure if I like it.

More to come as I make progress. Ta for stopping by!







No comments: